Borage Oil and Its Preparation
The mentioned oil is obtained from a wildflower called as a starflower. As the name implies, this plant has five petals in the shape of a triangle that appear to be like a star and are pink to light blue in color. The seeds of the flower are taken to extract the oil from them using the method of cold-pressing or extraction. This plant is known all over the world for its several anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Based on this reason, it has been in usage for centuries in the field of medicine for treating cancer, relieving pain and stress and various others.
How To Use Borage Oil?
Be it topical or ingestion, our offered oil can be used by any of the method. If taken orally, it not only helps in keeping the internal organs healthy but repairs the cells to function properly. However, if it is used externally, it gets deeply penetrated into the skin to heal the desired area.
Reaping The Benefits Of Borage Oil
There are various essential fatty acids that are difficult to be synthesized by the metabolism of humans. This metabolism can be improved with the help of consumption of supplements that are highly effective for treating the inflammatory disorders. Enriched with prostaglandin E1 that is known for its excellent anti-inflammatory and blood circulation boosting properties, our offered oil can be used in such cases and below listed ones:
- Due to its positive effect on inflammation, it can be used to improve the overall health and anti-aging mechanisms. When combined with omega-3 fatty acid, wonderful results have been shown on the patients' health.
- It inhibits the life span of various harmful cells that otherwise may result into cancer by protecting the DNA. This is done because of its ability for minimizing the genetic damage.
- Due to the presence of GLA in the offered oil, it helps in reducing the arthritis pain. When combined with other medications, its effect can be certainly increased. With regular usage for six weeks, one can notice less swelling, tenderness and joint pain.
Below mentioned precautions should always be taken into consideration before using our offered Borage Oil:
- In order to maintain its shelf life, it should be stored either in the refrigerator or at a place that is cool and away from direct sunlight.
- Do not heat the oil while using, as it can lead to the breakage of fatty acids present in the oil. This may result in nullifying the benefits of this oil.
- Should not be consumed without consulting the doctor and the person having any allergy towards this oil should immediately discontinue to use it and consult the doctor.
Based on the medicinal benefits of this oil, it can be used for treating the following symptoms:
- ADHD symptoms
- Bone loss and osteoporosis
- Fatigue syndrome
- Hormonal imbalances
- Production of breast-milk
- Skin disorders
- Stress and anxiety
- Symptoms of breast pain, menopause and menstrual syndrome
|INCI Name ||Borago Officinalis Seed Oil. |
|Appearance ||Clear, golden yellow, oily liquid |
|Saponification value ||185 - 195 |
|Palmitic ||.9.0 - 12.0 % |
|Oleic ||15.0 - 20.0 % |
|Peroxide Value ||(meq/kg oil) max. 10 |
|CROMATOGRAPHY ||FATTY ACID COMPOSITION |
|Stearic ||3.0 - 5.0 % |
|Acid value (mg KOH /g) ||max.2.0 |
|Gamma â Linolenic ||20.0 - 25.0 % |
|Gadoleic ||3.0 - 5.0 % |
|Erucic ||1.0 - 4.0 % |
|Linoleic ||5.0 - 42.0 % |