Caraway Oil is acquired via the distillation of seeds. This is a colorless oil that can be sometimes of a tinge yellow color that gets darkened as the oil matures. The scent of the oil is fruity and more musky than cumin. The principal constituents of this oil are carvacol, limonene and carvene. High proportion of this oil is helpful in the digestion and releasing & stimulating gastric juices. Erstwhile related to rye bread, this oil is a strong reminiscent of the Caraway fruits. The utility of this essential oil is likely more remedial than aromatic. The undertone of the oil is harsh and fatty. The medicinal benefits of this oil is described and appreciated in many religious books. Caraway Oil has limonene and carvone as its major components. Some other elements are carvacrol, terpinene, linalool, Î±-pinene, Î³-furfurol, thujone and p-cymene.
- Anti-aging : Incorporated with umpteen enormous anti-oxidant properties, it assists in strengthening the connective tissues and gives powerful effects on aging symptoms. Employed in the manufacturing of creams, skin care lotions, and ointments.
- Antiseptic : Used as an antiseptic that gives protection to wounds from the developing tetanus. This powerful bactericidal also helps in the treatment of boils, scabies, acne and infections.
- Aperitif : This oil has gentle aperitif properties also and can increase the appetite by improving digestion by exciting the discharge of digestive juices.
- Detoxifier : The oil is also utilized as an excellent detoxifier that aids in boosting active metabolism as well as excretion of pernicious toxins.
- Tonic : It tones the organic systems, heart, liver, skin and muscles, boosts strength and energy, makes you feel young and revitalized.
Other Uses of Caraway Oil :
- Utilized in bags to scent the clothes and drawers, assist in keeping the moths away.
- Used in baked goods and confectionery.
Health Benefits :
- The oil has a wonderful aroma of fresh seeds with spicy undertones, which refreshes the mind and mood.
- Stands as a warming essential oil, that assists in relieving mental strain as well as emotional fatigue.
- Aids in regulating the digestive as well as urinary system.
- Also beneficial for clearing the respiratory system.
- Caraway Oil also helps in clearing the skin and scalp conditions.
- The regular intake of this oil is capable to give protection from all ailments and maladies and assists in maintaining the health of the user.
- Appreciated for its properties as an anti-aging, antiseptic, anti-spasmodic, cardiac, disinfectant, diuretic, carminative, anti-histaminic, tonic, insecticide, antioxidant, stimulant, stoma-chic etc.