The seeds of Coriander are known to be one of the oldest spices in the entire world. It is not only used for culinary purposes but for medical benefits as well. Coriander seeds are obtained from the coriander herb that possess a sweet and strong aroma with refreshing flavor because of which it is also widely used for making soaps and perfumes. The offered Coriander oil is extracted from the aforementioned annual herb, having botanical name Coriandum sativum L and since centuries, it has been in usage for aiding digestion, enhancing the flavor and aroma of the cuisines. Its major composition includes linalool that may range from 40 to 87% of the extracted oil. This percentage is entirely dependent upon the environment in which the plant grows. Various other components that can be found in the offered oil are neryl acetate, p-cymene, 2E-dodecanal, γ-terpinene, dodecanal and α-pinene.
Based on this composition, it is helpful for maintaining the complexion of the skin, soothing the body from skin rashes and irritation. It's herbaceous aroma is stimulating and calming that makes it an ideal choice for rotation oil by blending properly for adding a fresh herbaceous note.
Direction for Use
- Topical usage: Two to three drops are enough for applying it on the desired area so that skin sensitivity can be minimized.
- Internal Usage: For internal usage, it must be diluted in 4 fl. oz. of liquid., this will assist in aiding digestion.
- Diffusion: Can be added into diffuser to have a refreshing aroma all around you.
Attributed to its several wonderful properties, it renders bulletined below benefits:
Words of Caution
- Aphrodisiac: Earlier, Egyptians used the mentioned oil for making potions. One can note its aphrodisiac property even in the Arabian Nights. People still believe that the phyto nutrients present in it can help stimulating passion and increase sexual drive by erctiling dysfunction and temporary impotence.
- Anti-bacterial: It fights against bacteria and helps in aiding mouth and body odor by acting as a natural deodorant. Since ages, it has also been used as a natural remedy for preventing and treating sore throat, cough, nausea and vomiting.
- Digestive disorders: Easing digestive problems such as upset stomach, flatulence and indigestion, it can help in fighting the bacteria causing food poisoning and many more.
- Acts as a stimulant: It also serves as a stimulant for the people during shock and trauma for calming them .
- Analgesic: Helps in minimizing the pain such as joint pain, toothache, menstrual cramps, etc.
- Hypolipidemic: This also helps in lowering the uptake and improving the breakdown of lipids. This results in curative herbal treatment against hyperlipidemia.
- Aromatherapy: Helps in calming the body and mind due to its soothing and calming effects.
- Skin care: It is useful for maintaining clear and flawless complexion by reducing the appearance of oil and acne.
- Pregnant women should consult their physicians before consuming it.
- If irritation occurs then immediately consult to the doctor.
- Contact with eyes and ears should be avoided.
- Should be kept out of the reach of children.