Cardamom is one of the most favorite spices utilized in cooking and is scientifically known with the name of Elettaria Cardamomum. It is its distinct flavor that makes it the "Queen of Spices". It is mostly found in India, middle east and North America. The Green Cardamom Oil is one of the most important spice oil that is extracted by steam distillation of freshly dried cardamom. This essential oil which is a rich glutinous comprises of various other constituents such as pinene, sabinene, linalyl acetate, citronellol, phellandrene, linalool, methyl eugenol, limonene, a-terpineol, myrcene, geraniol, myrcene, nerol, terpinolene, p-cymene, methyl eugenol and trans-nerolidol. The mixture or composition of all these elements together makes the Green Cardamom Oil more effective and good for skin, health and hair.
- Botanical Name : Elettaria cardamomum
- Origin : India
- Mode of Extraction: Steam Distillation procedure
- Plant Part Used: Seed
- Description: Transparent Clear Liquid
- Aromatic properties: Spicy, fruity, warm, balsamic
- Appearance: Pale yellow or colorless volatile oil
- Solubility: Insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents.
- Constituents: Sabinene, Cineol, Terpenyl Acetate, Borneol, Terpeneol, Limonene, Terpene-4-Ol, etc
Uses and Benefits of Green Cardamom Oil
The wide health, skin and hair benefits of using this essential oil are as follows:
- Maintains Health: This oil contains essential vitamins and minerals that supplies proper balance of nutrients to the body.
- Relieves Spasm: This essential oil gives effective results from spasm and various muscular problems
- Good for digestive system: It enhances food absorption ability in the digestive system.
- Maintains Body Temperature: This oil helps in maintaining the normal body temperature.
- Cough and Asthma: Green Cardamom Oil can provide long time relief from cough, cold and asthma
- Skin Radiance: It helps in getting a perfect radiant and glowing skin.
- Skin-infections: It can fight against many skin infections and allergies due to its disinfecting properties.
- Cleanser: It works as a natural skin cleansing agent as it opens the skin pores and nourishes it.
- Treats Scalp Infections: By applying Green Cardamom Oil on the scalp, several hair and skin problems can be treated.
- Cures Dandruff : It can help in getting shiny and silky tresses by resolving the dandruff problem.
- Nourishes the root : The antioxidant property of the oil nourishes the hair from root and scalp.
- Antimicrobial Nature: Few drops of the oil can slow down the growth of microorganisms and microbes thus used in processed food and beverages.
- Cures Insect Bite: It can render relief from insect bites.
- All these usefulness and benefits of the Green Cardamom oil has made it one of the globally used essential oil.