Kokum is a fruit sourced from Garcina Indica Tree. It is highly popular ripe fruit and its pulp is used to add tang flavor like tamarind in many recipes. The kernels of the fruit are high in essential fatty acids widely used to extract a rich and beneficial butter, Kokum Butter. This butter comes with non-existent to mild fragrance. In addition, it is quite similar to shea or cocoa butter in appearance. This butter is rich in vitamin E, citric acid, antioxidants, and may other essential fatty acids. It is also used as an alternative of cocoa butter with it constant triglyceride composition.
Western Ghat of India mainly Konkan Region.
Uses and Benefits
- With outstanding emollient properties as well as high oxidative stability, this is widely used in different formulations such as lotions, lip balms, and soaps.
- It is extensively used in the treatment of dry skin therapies, inflamed skin treatments, hair conditioners, and varied others skin care as well as beauty products.
- It is ideal to remove the dryness of the skin in a matter of seconds as it is absorbed into the skin in no time and does not make the skin greasy or oily.
- The antioxidants present in the butter helps in the renewal of cells and prevent wrinkles.
- It is a non-comedogenic butter that does not clog pores. Hence, it can be easily applied over the hair scalp to provide the hair with rich essential oils. It provides the best nutrients to hair without clogging the pores and hair follicles. In addition, it also aids the cells to carry out the process of oxygenation and ensures hair growth.
- It is also widely used as a hair conditioner. Just simply rub the butter between the fingers and then apply on the hair. Rinse it to get smoother, softer and manageable hair.
- It can be easily mixed with oils to ensure to give an oil massage to strengthen the hair and eradicates the problem of hair breakage. Frizzy hair can also be smoothen and soft using this butter.
- It aids healing cracks and dryness of feet by applying every night.
- It can be applied to injuries, cut and wounds directly as a medicine.
Why Choose Our Kokum Butter?
We provide fresh and natural Kokum Butter commonly used as a thickener for lotions, creams and body butters, as well as soaps, cosmetics, and toiletries. It is available in the purest form to provide the magical benefits on skin and hair.