Taken and dried from the Bay Laurel Tree, Tejpat Oil is extensively popular in the cuisines of India, Bhutan and Nepal. It is also illustrious for its its utilization in Moghul cuisine of Nepal and North India. The tejpatta leaves from which this oil is extracted is olive green in color and have some brownish spots in them. These bestow a cinnamon-like or strong cassia flavor to various dishes. Proffered with the numerous benefits for the nervous system, the oil is extremely useful in treatment of stress-related states such as insomnia, headache and nervous tension. The Tejpat Oil is incorporated with anti-spasmodic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and carminative agents, which make it ideal to be utilized in treatment of chronic fatigue, poor circulation, diarrhea, gastritis, rheumatism, menstrual problems, etc. It has a woody and pungent aroma, which brings refreshment and vitality.
Health benefits :
- Benefits the digestive system, assists in bettering the appetite.
- Helpful for the treatment of diabetes, helps in removing wrinkles.
- Incorporated with various medicinal properties, this stands as an anti-spasmodic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and carminative agents.
- Also beneficial for the treatment of gastritis, leucorrhea, acute fatigue, poor circulation, diarrhea, menstrual problems, rheumatism etc.
- Proffered with digestive, stomachic, anti oxidant, antibacterial, emetic, diuretic, carminative, analgesic, astringent, anti fungal and anti inflammatory properties.
- Tejpat Oil is useful for the treatment of migraine, colic, headaches, high blood sugar, amenorrhea, gastric ulcers and several other health conditions.
- An essential ingredient of Ayurvedic, used for the treatment of coughs and colds.
- Also used to cure allergy, excess mucus and several other respiratory difficulties.
- Capable to cure severe headache, and remove the lice of heads after a topical application.
- Has been medicinally used as a major medicinal plant of the medieval times.
- Used for medicinal as well as culinary utilization.
- Tejpat Oil is used to treat joints and muscles complications.
- Assist in relieving the arthritis, inflamed joints and sprains.
- It is also included in the formulations that helps in controlling infections.
Apart from medicinal utilization, it has wide application in cookery.
- Used to bestow flavor and fragrance to various foods such as biryani, vegetable pulao etc.
- Used in confectionery and beverage industries.
- Possessing antioxidant as well as antimicrobial efficiency, it is also utilized in the preservation of pineapple juice.
- Tejpat Oil works as a better as well as safer conserving solution than synthetic ones.